I'm depressed, and you're going to help me not be. Actually, all you have to do is sit there and read. Here's the crud. In three days, I'll no longer have a 5 in my age. Gag me. I miss my daughter who hasn't been able to come home since last year. The sun hasn't broken through the clouds in 69 hours (not that I'm counting). My autistic son got irritated with me this morning. I've had cancer for 10 freakin' years and I sleep close to ten hours per day, with no energy the rest of the time.
The up side? Well, I've lived ten years past my cancer diagnosis, which is a miracle since I never dreamed I would see 60. My daughter won a major award for her work and is teaching a class early summer before she comes to visit in June, and we talk @ 2-3 hours per week. The rain has watered my garden every day while I haven't felt well enough to do it on my own, so things are actually growing. My son showed me his final project grade after sharing not one single thing all semester: A - 100%. Unbelievable. And, I've had advanced cancer for ten years...and I'm still alive! Oh, and I get to sleep as much as I want since I work at home and need it.
Wait, why was I depressed?
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This one made me laugh! and honestly, being 60 is not a bad thing!
ReplyDelete