What will never happen? Think hard. What is one thing that the person you know and love best will absolutely never do? Got it? Now imagine him/her doing it anyway, just to make you happy. Miracles do happen. Steve put in my garden. The man who has waved kindly from inside the house as I sweat and dug and planted, the man who would eat the produce, but not even pick it from the mangled weedy plot of earth...that's the man who is now in my kitchen covered in sweat from his hours out there doing what he doesn't really know how to do.
I've had to zap away my own little jealousy tentacles when I see how neat and careful his efforts have been. He has made insane efforts to prevent any weed growth in his little plot. If I were a random weed hunting for new stomping grounds, I think better of settling in Mr. Richardson's premiere plot. Surely he'd find a way to win, and I'd be toast.
Tomatoes (3), cukes (2), and peppers (2 colors) will be the glory of Steve's first garden. Even if I never live to see the produce, I am so excited at what he has done. He's even replanting some of my strawberries from last season.
I probably won't write a lot about how they do, but please inquire with Steve as to how his garden grows. Maybe, just maybe a few moments of pleasure will sneak into his new adventure. I hope so. That he's doing it for me is enough. Lord please grant him some joy in the adventure.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow...the power of love. You can never bet against it. I'm glad to see you are still writing. love, d
ReplyDeleteI hope they grow like crazy and help Steve remember all the good times.....they are so important...but so are the not so good times.....God speed my classmate......
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteLinda, that's beautiful and kudos to Steve!! As Dale said above ah "the power of love". My brother Tony just told me about your blog over the weekend and so here I am. I've read through your writings and have to say I marvel at your writing, your strength, love and your strong belief and faith in our Lord. Please know you, Steve, Sam and Morgan are in my thoughts and always will be in my prayers. Love, Ann
ReplyDelete