Thursday, April 15, 2010

WHAT MATTERS?

1st thought: Glenn Beck is a jerk. Ben Roethlisberger is a jerk. And I know I can be a jerk too. It's so easy to sit here and read stories on HufPo about them and think, "Gee, who are these idiots? I'm so glad I'm not in their lives." But someone somewhere loves them, right? - maybe even God? Someone probably thinks I'm a jerk too. Better for me to focus on my own shortcomings, and straighten out me. Let God handle it.

2nd thought: Why am I so depressed on cloudy days? The sun is always shining; we just can't see it when the clouds float in between it and us on earth. But I don't hate clouds; they can fascinate, and do change constantly. I know it's physical, more than emotional, but it still bugs me. And the darkness after sunset never bothers me, just the darkness of clouds. Weird.

3rd thought: Vanity is so shallow. Two days ago I went to the garden center to buy flowers. When I arrived, I looked down to see I was still wearing black socks, silver tennis shoes and short khaki pants. Ugh. What an idiot. What a dork. And I forgot my hat. I've lost half my thick hair to cancer drugs, and it's 80% white. Could I look older or dorkier? Memory dysfunction can be so embarrassing. Oh well, I wandered around and picked out my plants, hoping to see no one I know. As I was leaving, a young blond haired woman (30-ish) who works there walked by and said, "Weren't you here a few days ago?" I was. "Oh, well I noticed you have the most beautiful hair I've ever seen." She smiled and walked away. I sobbed most of the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment