Sorry about that last dreary posting. It was a bad day, much better now. Yesterday I had the chemo, went to bed by 9, couldn't sleep, came down to write on my latest book for two hours, went back to bed @ 3:30, finally slept, woke up at 6:30 anyway. Should be an interesting day. At least the sun is shining!
Our next door neighbor hates me. It's a long, weird, complicated story. The last communication was when I cut a massive bouquet of my blooming Hydrangeas and placed them on her porch as a gift. She didn't answer my knock. Next morning Steve found them splayed on our porch. I cried for a long time. Years later now, she despises me beyond sanity. We don't know why, only a guess. It helps little that she now speaks to only one neighbor, and that includes horrid comments about the rest of the newer neighbors. But I'm her prime target. And we live in such a friendly place!
I resist hating her back, and attempt to pray for her when I think of it. (Yes, I admit that some days I wish she'd just move.) I try to not think of the one who hates me, but what good is that? I see little things all the time I wish I could do for her, but no. How sad to have such hatred, especially when the hated one feels nothing like that. I've come to see her hatred as a gift, I suppose. It makes me realize how precious are our days, and that to not forgive slights is so bitter and wasteful. I find it easier to forgive others because of her, so I suppose I should be thankful for that ability she gave me.
We have a nice tree that is too close to her fence, with branches leaning over her yard. Nice tree, but I've decided it has to go. It might lead to problems, might damage her fence (which came after the tree by the way). But she might get angry at losing the shade. Sigh. I've decided to cut it down and plant a smaller flowering one further from our border. It will grow, and I hope that someday she likes it, and maybe me again too.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment