It's getting harder to laugh at this cancer crap, but I have to keep trying.
Have you ever felt like not eating? I don't mean, "Oh yuck, it's liver tonight" not eating. And I don't mean, "No thanks, I'm stuffed, no dessert for me" not eating. I mean "not eating for days and days because the thought of all food makes you ill" not eating. Yeah, I'm there.
I suppose it's a combination of my cancer (nausea and blood transfusions don't boost appetite), maybe a flu bug (my stomach is so unhappy, but the drugs can do that), and the 8' walk to the kitchen is just so darn tiring. I kid you not, by the time I get there, I have to hold onto the counter to stay upright.
I've looked at grocery and health food stores for pure juice. Not much is out there. Apple is pure, but I don't like it much. Too bad, I just drink it greatly watered down. Grape is pure, but is so sweet that I add more than double the water to make it palatable. (I think my taste buds have gone wacky - everything is SO sweet.) Then there's pure cranberry juice. Ever had it? It's @ $4. per quart, and makes your entire face shrivel up into a prune. But added to others, it's pretty good. That's it. No other pure juice is available. They all have water and sugar added in great quantities, plus scary things I don't recognize. I'll add my own free water and no thanks on the sugar.
Then there's the food. I bought a quart of beautiful fresh strawberries 3 days ago! I've eaten three. I promised Steve I'd eat them all before they go bad. Hope I don't throw up. One good thing is now when Steve grills a steak, he and Sam get to split it 2 ways, instead of 3. I'm unintentionally becoming vegetarian. Or maybe an" airatarian", since breathing air is all I seem to enjoy.
Steve and I go out to a nice restaurant for our birthday every year. (Yes, born same day) Does anyone have a good suggestion of what to do this year? I don't want to throw up on him.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear about the not wanting to eat problem as the lack of "fuel" is probably what is zapping your energy.
ReplyDeleteAs for the birthday thing, I say go someplace that you have not been to in a very long time that has meaning for both of you. A park or some other place that you used to go to in the "early" years! Doing something special does not always have to include food!