Thursday, January 28, 2010

I woke up this morning feeling really good (for once) and ready to go! That's a new one. I showered, put on clean clothes and looked pretty decent. Also new! Now I'm not hungry - yes, life is still normal.

Yesterday I finished my final edits on "Don't Waste the Pain" my brother's and my book, due out in September 2010. It's about my 10 year cancer stumble (okay journey) and my 13 year old nephew's 14 month battle with it. Ian has now gone before us, but we are richer for having known him. I still look at his picture and think of him every day. He changed the life of everyone who knew him, for the better.

Anyway, today's sunshine is doing me wonders, energizing me. The brain damage, lack of physical energy and cancer have taken a toll on my good mood lately. Today I'm finally feeling a turn-around. In fact, I can think of way too many interesting things to get done today. I love it! Yep, I totally love not being able to accomplish everything on my "to do" list. It means I'm still needed, right?

That said, I just might take a nap later, or go for a long, slow walk down by the water. "Doing things" is not the reason for living. Neither is having things, wanting things, making things, or eating things. Just be... and be willing to love. The rest is gravy.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I'm no longer sure if we're related. I can't imagine feeling happy about not being able to complete my to-do list! Have you always felt that way, or did you learn it through life?

    ReplyDelete