Saturday, January 30, 2010

To Do Today: As Much As I Can!

...wait, I lost my post. What happened? Oh yeah, I'm clearly not a professional blogger.

Anyway, the snow is over 4", and still falling. We were told to expect 2". Accurate weather predictions are more "accurately" called "guesses. "

Answer to posted question from yesterday: "I can't imagine feeling happy about not being able to complete my to-do list! Have you always felt that way, or did you learn it through life?"

Well, to be honest, I admit to not exactly being a "finisher" of things; seems there's always something left undone. If I finished all I'd planned for the day, what would I do then? Be bored? True, I'm smart enough to figure out more for myself, but it's the joy of always having something to look forward to, I suppose. And I feel vital when I still have work to do.

Then again, perhaps you prefer to have empty time to luxuriate in, to relax, meditate, laugh with your kids. No matter how we see it, we can both enjoy life without pressure.

Now that I think of it, that viewpoint came when I had the initial cancer. Then I was unable to do anything other than suffer pain, and fight to stay alive moment by moment. Surviving was my only job, my only goal. I prefer to be busy with "life" rather than "not dying." So perhaps you see my comment as odd, only because you blessedly have not been that close to death.

So, happy thoughts now! The snow is gorgeous, and more old friends are arriving tomorrow! Former neighbors with whom we've thankfully reconnected. You know, the lousy sick days are SO worth living through, to get to days like these.


No comments:

Post a Comment