Never be too proud of yourself. I was feeling pretty good about how much I helped remove "tons" of snow from our driveway and our 'out of town' neighbors' drive. (If you don't know me, I'm not that big.) Then I heard Steve comment on all the neighborhood men coming down to help us. "Yeah, they took one look at Linda digging, and they were shamed!"
Oh. Wait. Maybe I should be proud? At any rate, I was totaled, for about three days.
I love my guys, but we definitely need to be out and away from one another regularly. 3'+ of snow, ice and forced isolation has made us a bit testy. Still, Steve and I watched some fun movies, talked a lot, ate good food, and Sam even braved joining us a bit. Laughter was here. He too is ready for life outside this house. He just now drove off (happily!) to college for the first time in ten days.
The only gloomy thing is that I still don't have clarity of mind. This drug/cancer "dooziness" has gotten old. Well, so have I, but at least I feel normal when I write. I'm just thinking it will improve once I get outside sans tons of clothing, and feel the sunshine again. In the meantime, I'm working up way too many projects - sewing, bread baking, reading, garden plans, etc. It's always good to look ahead.
33 more days. I'm not wishing any of them away; I don't have that luxury. I might only have 33 days left! But at least it will come soon. SPRING.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment