Well, I was wrong; I didn't crash Thursday morning. It was Friday afternoon. And today (Tuesday) I'm still down. As in I can barely move and haven't eaten in three days. Sort of feels like it did ten years ago at the beginning of all this. I see Dr. Boice today (Steve is taking me) and I think he might switch drugs. The current one is not working, as in, I'm getting worse, not better.
After two days of the initial "drug-induced" energy, it's now that much more depressing to be a slug. But I did read an entire Grisham novel in one day. I did it to keep myself from doing anything that required moving, and the only problem at day's end was a sore butt. And Sam brought drinks, rubbed my back and sort of checked on me all day yesterday. And I took two baths to ease the body pain, promptly falling asleep in my towel.
I find it easier to sleep and dream than to feel positive about my future, so I sleep. Of course, I'm not worried, just oh so tired. Each time this happens, I say, "Oh my gosh, I've had it!" Then I remember that I've lived through it before and will again.
I think right now I'm supposed to be living in today, and nowhere else. So that's what I'll do. Steve just gave me strawberries, and they are delicious.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment