She's alive! Well, I only crashed for 8 days, more or less. The chemo knocked me down completely this time. I was on the couch, or the floor, or the bed for days. Ugh. Seems we have a nice clean ceiling, by the way. I looked up.
It finally occurred to me that I needed a blood transfusion, so that happened on Thursday. Vampire delight. If they hadn't agreed to that, I'd have been in trouble, or a bad movie. Takes a few days to build up, but near normal now. I can walk and talk and even cook a little. And eat. Hadn't done that for days.
I'm going to be telling you some interesting and new things in the coming days. New ideas and beliefs are swirling through my head. Still Christian, but not what you'd expect to hear from me. I need to get them settled in my brain before talking about them. There is new life in me, and it's good.
Morgan is with us for a short time, and it's nice to have her here, for the simple joy of being with her, but also for the blessing of having someone who understands how I work, who is so intelligent and interesting and provocative in thought. She makes me better. I wonder if I ever made my Mom better, if I ever pushed her to become more than she thought she was.
Yes, things are looking up around here. I feel better and I feel smarter and I feel like living for awhile longer. There's not a lot of time left, (compared to yesterday) but it will be good.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment