The Fourth of July! Let Freedom ring!
Wait, I'm free? I can't move out of MD since our insurance is only good in this state. And I can't change insurance companies, since...right...who would take me now? And I'm not free to make plans for my seventies since, well, I probably won't have any seventies. And I'm not free to travel since I have to be at hospital every 21 days exchanging blood for drugs, and see doctors more often than that. And I'm not free to take our beloved long walks since, well, I can't walk that far right now due to weakness and exhaustion.
So am I free? Well, to be honest, yes I am. I'm free to sleep luxuriously late any time I so desire. Like everyday. But I get up most days by 6:30 anyway, because I want to. I'm free to read voraciously and am currently reading three books, according to a mood for history, drama or humor. I'm free to not cook dinner on my weariest days since Steve is always ready and able to do it himself.
I'm free to write and write and write since even if I'm weary, I can sit comfortably at the computer creating, and my days have few tedious chores that call out my name. And, with one book due out soon, and a second nearing completion, it's a pleasant way to live my days while doing something others can enjoy.
I'm free to wander in my lovely garden, pulling weeds if I feel up to it, laying down mulch if Sam helps me, or just sitting on my garden bench, enjoying the quiet beauty. For Pete's sake (and I've learned since my last inquiry @ "Pete" that it refers to St. Peter, amazingly), I have a marvelous life right now. So... yea, I'm free.
Oh, and it looks like we're going to Hawaii in the fall. Between infusions... you know, less than 21 days. If that's not freedom, then I don't know what is.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment