Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Life Sucks

Okay, it doesn't suck, but it's sure not that much fun right now. Wait, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, Morgan is in front of me, bits of green are popping out on the trees, the garden is planted thanks to family, Renee is here for two more days, I have a note by my bed that Sam wrote which is the only thing I'd grab if the house burned down, and my heating pad is helping my backache. Okay, life doesn't suck.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a whole lot of fun, either. Now, what would be a whole lot of fun? ...........thinking............. Well, lying in my hammock would be fun, but I can do that after Steve sets it up in the back yard (and if it ever gets above 50° but apparently that's not happening this year). Yes, it's late April in MD, a southern state, and it's freakin' 50°! Whatever happened to global warming?

It would be fun to correspond with old friends from Ohio, but oh yeah, I'm doing that already. Watching old movies with Steve... on it. Praying for almost everyone I've ever met... on it. Playing on-line card games and puzzles? Not my cup of tea when I'd prefer to garden, but for someone confined to sitting quietly all day it's a great way to keep an active and usable brain, so I've grown to enjoy it. And I win!! Well, I've lost 82% of solitaire (really? solitaire!?) but let's not go there. I win everything else. Almost.

Everyone we know is coming by to see me, to say goodbye and basically check in on us. It sounds depressing, but I see it as an ongoing party. Sometimes we fix the food (and I use the term "we", meaning never me, loosely) and sometimes they bring it with them. We talk, laugh, look at old pictures, have a good time. They come over ready to cry, and leave wiping away tears of laughter. Funny how that happens. Ha ha, I win.

Oh, and I guess my life doesn't suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment