Saturday, April 23, 2011

Can You Understand?

Sorry, I left you with "My Life Sucks" for a bit too long. Rough week. The sun still isn't shining, but there is hope. Tomorrow is Easter - surely by then...?

I had some great guests this week. Some people we've known for years, some we've known only a short while, but each one is a special treat to me. I tell you, everyone should have the opportunity to go through this part of leaving earth, just to see all their old friends who come to say goodbye!

It's clear a lot of people don't know what to expect upon their arrival. A gray faced woman huddled in a large chair? A pale, weak body in a home Hospice bed? Nope. What they get is plain old me, looking pretty much like I always have. You know, disheveled and gorgeous! Ha! Ha! How about disheveled and ordinary? But the fact is, I do look pretty much as I always have. Just older, like everyone else.

I thought I'd take time today to talk about Resurrection Day, since it's celebrated tomorrow. But some of you don't care about that, and those who do will read about it on your own, then hear about and celebrate it tomorrow at your churches. I will say though, if it's a "nothing" day to you, the celebration of the day Jesus was raised from the dead, then you cannot possibly know who I am, so why are you even reading this?

That is not a judgment statement. It's simply a fact. You cannot know me if you don't know Who I love most in my life. You cannot possibly fathom how I live this cancer misery with hope and great expectations. You cannot imagine why I'd be willing (even longing) to go be with Someone other than Steve, Morgan and Sam, my three dear beloveds. You cannot come close to my heart unless you are willing to give your own to the One who loves you more than you love yourself, the One who loves you in spite of all the horrid things you do every single day of your rotten life. He just loves you. It's as simple as that.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Happy Easter to you, Aunt Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda, for letting me hang out yesterday, and for the clothes (keeping me warm-er as we speak), and to Margaret for some of the best soup I've ever tasted...made better sharing it with you. Hugs to you today (gentle hugs, hard for this Jersey girl to pull off...)
    N

    ReplyDelete